Early Childhood Screening
An Early Childhood Screening is a free developmental and health screening that helps ensure all children are equipped for learning.
During Your Visit
An Early Childhood Screening is a required step to complete before starting school, and can be completed anytime when your child is between 3 and 5 years old.
Areas of Development
- Gross and Fine Motor
- Problem Solving
- Personal Self Help
Areas of Health
- Height and Weight
- Health Conditions
Request a Screening
Please complete the screening request form to help us get your child set up for a screening. You will receive an email within two days. When appointments become available we will send you a link to Sign Up Genius where you will sign up for an appointment.
Important Information for your Appointment
In-person screenings are by appointment on Mondays and Thursdays. Limit 1 adult attending with the child, no siblings.
Masks required during appointment:
- All adults must wear a mask during class, on school grounds and in the building
- Children age 3 and up masks required
- If your child is wearing a mask, bring something to put it in should they take it off
- Read Mask Tips for Young Children and watch Masks
Health and Safety:
- Wash hands before and after your appointment.
- We practice social distancing. Watch Social Distancing for more information.
- Frequent cleaning of materials and high touch surfaces by staff along with deep cleaning and sanitizing at the end of each day
Early Childhood Screening helps ensure that all young children are well equipped for learning, and families are aware of resources in the school and community. Interpreters provided upon request. Free service. Complete a screening request form (above) or call Kate 952-707-4117. Somali language assistance contact Hamde at 952-707-4153. Spanish language assistance contact Eddieca at 952-707-4142. Fax 952-707-4140.