Teach a Class
We invite you to share your knowledge, expertise and passion with our community!
Community Education classes are based on the interests and needs of the community, which means they are flexible and custom-designed.
Please provide your contact information and a brief description of the class you are interested in teaching when you contact our Program Coordinator.
Listed below is the criteria we use when considering class proposals.
- Does the class align with the mission of the Burnsville-Eagan-Savage School District 191, which is a culturally proficient school system?
- Is the class offering sensitive to culturally diverse viewpoints?
- Is the class proposal well thought out and complete?
- We strive to provide a variety of classes that contribute to a balanced program overall.
- Is there suitable space available?
- If the class covers a religious topic, it must be presented from an historical or inclusive educational perspective.
- No class will recruit for political or religious reasons, nor will teachers/students offer commentary on these subjects in unrelated classes.
- Class instructors may not actively promote personal businesses.
- Every class must provide a stand-alone learning experience.
Please fill out the course proposal in its entirety and include your logo or photos of your work (300dpi is necessary for printed material). Save this form to your computer, complete and re-save/re-name the file using the quarter/year will be taught and your name (i.e. fall_2021_johnjohnson.pdf). Please email your proposal to email@example.com .
You will be notified once it has been determined that your class will be offered.
Fall Proposals are due by the first Friday in May for classes that run Late September - December. If you plan on teaching year round, you may include dates for the year.
Winter/ Spring Proposals are due by the Friday after Labor Day. Mid-January-May class start dates.
Spring/Summer are due by December 20. Late April-May spring classes and mid-June though August class dates will be accepted.